Statement on COVID-19
As we continue to serve Canadians across the country, Corporate Couriers Logistics is closely monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
We are taking various steps to manage and respond to the evolving circumstances around this pandemic, while following the guidance of the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC). When it comes to delivery of packages, the PHAC and the World Health Organization (WHO) continue to state that there is a very low risk regarding incoming mail items.
In February we activated our Business Continuity Plan. As part of that plan, we have a dedicated internal team regularly monitoring developments, responding to issues and preparing to make any necessary changes in a responsible manner. This includes having some of the team members work from home and ensuring that any international travelers self-isolate for 14 days. So far, there has been no impact to our operations.
The safety of our employees and customers remains our priority.
We are encouraging employees to diligently follow the prevention recommendations from health authorities, such as proper hand washing. We are communicating regularly with our drivers to ensure they have the necessary facts and tools to deal with this ongoing situation at the workplace, and in their personal lives.
In the event any of our drivers have symptoms we have advised them to stay at home and self-quarantine and follow the procedures laid out by the Government.
- If the customer that we are delivering to have certain set protocols our drivers will follow the same while entering and delivering to their premises.
- We have now waived the requirement for Signatures for proof of deliveries.
- Customers also have the option and are encouraged to communicate how they’d like their orders delivered. They may include a note like “Please leave my package at the door” or “ring my doorbell and leave in the lobby.” Our driver will see these instructions and follow the request.
- We request customers take necessary precautions when placing orders destined to an address where recipient or anyone else present may be symptom free but under self quarantine. Please notify us of this situation in order comments.
- For the safety of our drivers and the community they serve we request that you do not place orders that would require servicing a residential address where you are aware someone is currently experiencing flu like symptoms.
Importantly we are open and able to deliver to Home offices to meet customer requirements. While placing your order please ensure that you include this if applicable to your situation and we will accommodate the request as best as possible.
As circumstances evolve, please know that all of us here at Corporate Couriers Logistics, are doing everything we can to manage and respond to the COVID-19 pandemic, with the safety of our employees and our communities in mind.